An exciting new volume filled with stories, commentary and advice by teens (ages twelve through twenty) who tell of their experiences and share their ideas about setting and achieving goals! As most taste-berry teens know, goals spell the difference between wishful thinking and making things happen. Setting goals and reaching them are the keys to making teens' lives purposeful, worthwhile and filled with happiness.
For all teenagers-from master goal-setters to beginners with no idea where to start-this step-by-step guide shows how to:
- Discover what their personality, aptitudes and hobbies reveal about them
- Determine if they are dreaming "big enough"
- Identify goals in nine areas of life
- Set long- and short-range goals for today, tomorrow and the future
- Develop a plan of action to achieve goals
- Break goals into manageable monthly, weekly and daily "to-dos"
- Remove obstacles that stand in the way of achieving goals
- Learn ways to encourage, coach and inspire themselves to reach their goals
Divided into five units, each opens with A Message from the Authors, followed by a story by a teen. A specific concept or skill is then presented along with a "Virtual Practice" section where teens are given the chance to apply what they've learned-actually identifying, setting and charting out how to achieve their goals. Teens will gobble up this latest volume of taste-berry advice!