Like its predecessors in this phenomenal series, this new addition tackles
the pressures of being a teen through a combination of stories and compassionate wisdom provided by the mother/daughter team of
Bettie and Jennifer Youngs.
In A Taste-Berry Teen's Guide to Managing the Stress and Pressures of
teens will learn how to:
- Understand what stress is-and isn't
- Examine how they respond to stressful situations and how effective it is
- Determine how stress affects their physical and emotional behavior
- Minimize stress and stay cool under pressure through some terrific (and
time-tested) intervention and prevention strategies
- Get through stressful situations and use them to their advantage.
Stories written by teens demonstrate the issues that are a source of stress
for them, including schoolwork, dating, moving, parents' divorce, weight
problems and sexual identity. To cope with these problems, the author suggests
three skills for helping teens "think" their way through stressful times.
Practical stress-busting techniques are also provided in each chapter.
A Taste-Berry Teen's Guide to Managing the Stress and Pressures of Life is
sure to be the next big success in this extraordinary teen series.