Say No. Set Limits. Stop Bratty Behavior in Its Tracks.
It's easy to fall into the 'entitlement trap.' You may find yourself so involved with your child's happiness that you lose sight of what your child really needs to make him or her a self-sufficient, well-balanced human being. Parenting expert and bestselling author Donna Corwin knows what that feels like—because she's been there herself. After years of struggling to give her daughter whatever she wanted, Corwin realized that instead of boosting her child's self-confidence and making her happy, her daughter was actually less equipped to handle adversity, exercise patience, or develop healthy life skills.
Corwin soon realized that this needed to change and set about reversing the negative behaviors, and she did so with great success! Now in Give Me, Get Me, Buy Me, she gives you the means to do the same, with:
• Self-evaluation tools to organize parenting priorities, set limits, and reward good behavior in a healthy wayIt's never too late to begin creating the positive habits and behaviors that will give you back parental control. With Corwin's help, you'll soon be able to set consistent limits, build honest communication, and share the kind of love that will build your child's character and create a peaceful and stable home life.
• Insightful case studies of parenting styles that create 'entitled' behavior, as well as ways to break the cycle
• Compassionate guidance that allows you to evaluate your relationships with your parents and understand how they influence your parenting style
• Ways to filter the negative messages that bombard your children from TV, the web, and peer pressure
• Methods for creating a balanced family dialogue and for promoting core values regarding finances, chores, and manners